Friday 23 March 2012

Untitled Canvas

This is a painting I'm not sure ill ever finish.Not because its going to take ages but just because I've sort of lost interest in it.Its hanging on the wall in my bedroom.I hoped seeing it 90% complete would encourage me to finish it.But it hasn't so far.I've sort of gone off it a bit too.I prefer the original digital image.But that could be something to do with it being unfinished.I feel like I've lost the mind set i was in when i stared it and now it feels like a chore to come back to it.
Anyways i suppose blogs are for things the user is working on as well as completed.So look at this as a 'work in progress' that Isn't getting worked on and hasn't progressed :P

This was the original digital image I drew on Iscribble, the online drawing tool.

The site is fun to use and i enjoy being able to collaborate with other users as well as just socialize.
This picture started out as lots of random doodles on a purple background, which I sort of put order to and at the end and made into a whole.I did not at the time intend to paint it with real paint.It was basically just a doodle that evolved and turned into something and as far as i was concerned was done and dusted.Only recently have i thought to paint some of my digital drawings in acrylics.ie the Forest scene.I decided to go with acrylics and marker pens to achieve that street art look that the digital picture has.
This is the first time I've bothered to take photos of my progress through out the creation of a painting.I only wish i had more than one follower to appreciate it.Thanks Sara Teapot <3

PENCIL SKETCH AND THE BEGINNING OF PAINTING IT


BACKGROUND PAINTING FIRST
ADDING CHARACTERS IN BLACK
ORANGE SKY? WHY NOT?

TEAPOTS <3
...AND THIS IS AS FAR AS I'VE GOTTEN
One day this will be finished and I'll be happy.Hope you enjoyed this journey to an unfinished picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment