Monday 30 January 2012

Woodland Critters (Acrylic & Coffee On Canvas)

Woodland Critters
This canvas was painted with coffee and acrylic paint.I particularly like how the paint has reacted with the coffee and dried in blotches.This may not be finished yet, I cannot decide.the painting began to form as i kept leaving it stood up in front of me while i watched TV, so as to occasionally notice it with a fresh mind, and add something more to it.I will probably continue this technique.The colors make me want to add a shiny silver to it somewhere.but I'm not sure where yet,and also im not 100% happy with the 'woodland critters' being so boldly orange.I will just continue to work on it i guess, and see where it takes me.I do really like the vintage feel of this piece though.I used one of my digital drawings as a basic reference.But i did fully intend to make this a lot more colorful and Autumn themed.

ref pic : 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment